Friday, May 18, 2007

Second heart break!

I have always been an avid reader. Being an only child for a while before the other little munchkins came along and stole my "shine", I read because there was no one to play with. Yes sure, I had cousins and friends, but they too had houses they had to return to. Reading gave me imagination. Imagination gave forth images. I had to put them down into words because it is too much in my head.

Such is this story. Enjoy!


Despite the ten years of separation, I still feel the same strong urge to hug and kiss him. He was sitting in the back sit of my mom’s car. They came together to pick me up from the train station.

Why is he with mom? I thought. Why would she think it is a good idea to bring him along? Did she think I am over him? I refuse to look at him; it brought back so much pain. I remembered the day they broke us up, the hours I spent crying and the minute I had to let go. I still remembered how mom lectured me on the consequences of being strongly attached to anyone or anything beside her and dad. My friends also told me it’s for the best. It was time to move on.

I never did move on. Nothing compared to him. I decided that he was going to be the last in my life. I needed no other replacement.

I knew all my reminiscing was of no use. He now belonged to another. Someone I know for a fact doesn’t deserve him. She never treats him well; I have seen them a couple of times together. I usually just stared at him from afar, even though no words were exchanged, I knew he was not happy.

My mom sensed my uneasiness, she squeezed my hand, somehow telling me I had to be strong. She asked if I was alright, I nodded. We talked as if he was not in the car, he too just gawked ahead. We got to his home. I refused to say another goodbye. As mom opened the back door to let him out, aunty emerge from her house

“Nadia, what are you doing here” she asked my mother

“Hello Anu. I came to return your daughter’s teddy bear. I found it behind the couch this morning; she must have left it after your visit last night”.

Mom handed him to aunty Nadia and we left their house.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Short and sweet. I remember giving up Mr George my 'bestest friend' when I was a kid. I thought that was heartbreak...anyways have a great weekend.

temmy tayo said...

You just broke my heart. I remember BLACCKY my dog of 13 years. He is resting now. sob sob

Allied said...

@ Believer - Thanks! it is actually fiction. i never was attached to any furry animal only my books. i was such a nerd! have a great weekend as well!

@ temmytayo - awwwww, i am so sorry. i also had a dog called Tessy and he was black too.

Anonymous said...

allied o..what is happening? Hope you are doing fine. Remain blessed.

Allied said...

@ believer - Thanks for asking. I am doing fine.

Bola said...

Allied...that was beautiful. Eventhough I know it's fiction, and that "he" was just a stuffed animal, I was still very touched by it. Loved it. Keep it up.

P.S...I do know who you are :)

Allied said...

@ bola - thanks!!!!

Do u really know me?

Daddy's Girl said...

Aawww....

ToluTolz said...

Nicely written.

rethots said...

"I came to drop your daughter's teddy ..." Imaginative.